Thank you for your interest in volunteering! One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time. We love our volunteers and are grateful for your support in helping us to achieve our mission.
All volunteers must:
- Be at least 17 years old
- Complete and submit the Volunteer Application below
- Complete and submit a current Service Agreement
- Complete a comprehensive background check and national fingerprint scan through an authorized location
- Because we are a licensed child care facility, GA DECAL requires all volunteers to obtain a national fingerprint scan. The background check is free because DECAL waives the fee for all applicants. If you have lived outside of Georgia within the last five years, you must obtain criminal history and child abuse registry information from the state(s) you resided in over the past five years before moving to Georgia.
Please complete the online Volunteer Application below to begin the process. You will be contacted by ACS with next steps about our Service Agreement and Background Check after submitting your application. Upon a satisfactory background check and once all paperwork has been submitted, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to confirm that you are approved to volunteer. Once approved, you can sign-up online for the days and times that best meet your schedule. Volunteer opportunities will be available Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Shift lengths range from 2-4 hours.
Opportunities for Volunteer Groups
- Leading a Classroom Activity
- Supply Closet Organization
- Donation Closet Organization
- Playground Clean-up (including pressure wash)
- Peer to Peer Fundraiser
- Administrative Support
- Event Support
- Career/Skills Workshop for Parents
Volunteer groups are limited to groups of 10 per shift with some exceptions for major events. For more information about group volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities for Children
If your child is interested in serving but not old enough – we have options for them too! Children are encouraged to gather some of their friends or neighbors and raise some of our current in-kind needs. You can find an Amazon wishlist of our current needs here. Once the collection is complete, we encourage parents to bring their children to drop off the items, and we will offer a tour of our facility. If you have any questions regarding this process, please email email@example.com.